The history of the Belington Volunteer Fire Dept dates back to 1903 when it was the Enterprise Hose Co. The first piece of equipment was a horse drawn hose cart. The first fire engine was a 1939 Ford, both are still on display at the Fire Department today. The first fire station was a small garage in the back of the current city building, in 1971 a new building was built on Crim Ave beside the city hall. After outgrowing this building and surviving several natural disasters, mainly the flood of 1985, a new 7 stall building was built in 2002. The building is located on Watkins St, just off Crim Ave. The members of the fire dept and the citizens of the community are very pround of this building. The Fire Department provides the following services to the community, but is not limited to any type of request for help, fire , rescue and emergency medical services. We also have confined space rescue, swift water rescue and high angle rescue. We are Proud to serve and have a very good automatic mutual aid agreement with the Junior and Philippi Volunteer Fire Departments in Barbour County.